I teach alternative process/printing workshops throughout the year in my beautiful renovated 1920's studio, located in my back yard in Raleigh, North Carolina. Contact me if interested at email@example.com. I also frequently teach workshops other places. Below is a list of those workshops, past and upcoming.
And check out my Journal page, where you can see some stunning first-time gum prints made by the students in some of my previous gum workshops.
- August 26-27, 2017: Tri-color Gum Bichromate Workshop at The Light Factory, in Charlotte, NC: FULL
- June 25-30 2017: Tri-color Gum Bichromate Workshop at Cullowhee Mtn Arts, Cullowhee, NC Read more about the workshop here.
- June 11-12 2016: Gum bichromate Workshop at The Light Factory, in Charlotte, NC
- April 9-10, 2016: Gum Bichromate Workshop at Art Intersection, Gilbert, Arizona
- February 18, 2016, Gum Bichromate Workshop at Radford University Art/Photography Department, Radford, Virginia
- October 3 & 4, 2015: Gum Bichromate Workshop at The Light Factory, in Charlotte, NC
- September 12 & 13, 2015: Gum Bichromate Workshop at Art Intersection, in Gilbert, Arizona. This workshop is during the opening weekend of Depth of Field. Check out all the details on my Gum Workshop here, and on Depth of Field here.
- August 29 & 30, 2015: Gum Bichromate Workshop at The Light Factory, in Charlotte, NC. And you can read the details here.
June 11-12, and I just finished teaching a gum workshop at wonderful The Light Factory, in Charlotte, North Carolina. A full class, a few familiar faces, and some new ones, and so much fun. Check out just a few of the beautiful gum prints made just this past weekend (June 11-12, 2016); click on each image to see larger.
L-R, 1st row: Linda Drudick; Linda Drudick; Debbie Warren; Lori Lorion;
L-R, second row: Gary Miller; Madeline Jones; Angela Taylor; Laurie Schorr.
More to come, so watch this space!
Here are some beautiful gum prints made by students in my Art Intersection gum workshop, April 9-10, 2016.
"Diana Bloomfield is such a talented Gum Bichromate photographer!
As a teacher she is clear, concise, and very giving of her time. Diana provided a personally developed perspective and approach. She is very generous in time spent with each student. Here is a wonderful workshop!"
The second image shows what Maylee created in the workshop itself, and just above that, what she's been working on at home. Check out those great notes she's keeping!
And I recently taught a gum workshop at the wonderful Light Factory, in Charlotte, North Carolina. What a terrific and very rainy weekend, thanks to Hurricane Joaquin-- but a perfect way to spend two days inside, gum printing! Such a fun group we had. Why is it that gum printers are the very best?!
Check out these beautifully created gum prints, below. Click on each image to see larger.